Integrating with ERPs and the development of VRLink features…
The origins of VRLink came from needs of the remote and mobile sales rep. Early development of the program was influenced by reps who visited our office. Their ideas became the backbone of a suite of features developed specifically for their needs. Our first client, Cobra Golf, had dynamic management and IT teams that collaborated with us to create a feature-rich first version of VRLink. As more and more clients signed up, their sales and IT departments contributed many ideas and processes that molded client-side VRLink, and server-side VRDist into a robust solution suite for day-to-day sales and data communication. After nearly a quarter-century, our clients have booked billions of dollars in orders with VRLink for Windows, the iPad, and the VRCloud. Our applications keep precise track of every order, and after all these years, not a single order has been lost. Even when something happens, our Technical Support staff engages to immediately solve the problem at hand and make sure the sales rep, their customer, and our clients’ various staffs are satisfied the issue has been addressed and solved.
The following presentation shows a basic chronology of when our clients first began using VRLink, when we first integrated with an ERP system, and when benchmark features where developed:
- VRLink: Basic order entry tool validating products, prices, sales programs, terms, and custom club options.
- VRDist: Server side dashboard application for the receipt of ERP data and delivery to users.
- VRLink uses ProComm for all data communications.
- VRLink Send/Receive manages the upload of order and telemetry data and the download of refreshed data.
Cross Creek Apparel
- Product availability integrated with order writing.
- Copy and Paste size scales and embroidery specifications on the Size Run screen for fast and accurate order entry.
- Program applets hidden from compiled EXE for rapid deployment of business-rule changes.
- Delivery of order data in common EDI formats.
Tommy Hilfiger Golf
- VRLink uses FTP Protocol for all data communications.
- Order forms or confirmations printed and/or emailed with product images and specific embroidery instructions with logo image.
The Antigua Group
Cutter & Buck
- Introduction of Data Layers that integrate with back-end ERP data to support various VRLink features: Definition of Catalogs, Collections, Lifestyles, Color Stories, Sales Programs.
- VRLink Corporation specializes in data communications and transformations… what we call data gymnastics.
Nike License Sales
Hart Schaffner & Marx
- Special orders: reservations, bulk orders, distribution orders to allocate bulk orders, contract orders, tournament orders, event orders, custom orders.
Intercontinental Branded Apparel
- VRHost is developed for all VRLink to VRDist data communications… a proprietary set of protocols that are known by VRLink and VRDist only.
- Custom tailored goods specifications
International Women’s Apparel
Trans Apparel Group
- VRHost data communication is encrypted.
Dr. Martens AirWair USA
Tournament Sports Marketing
- Large size scale interface for single line entry of shoe sizes
Dr. Martens AirWair U.K.
Cutter & Buck Europe
- Take all feature to write warehouse-clearing sales orders in minutes
Polo Golf Ralph Lauren
E Magrath Apparel
Byron Nelson Clothing
- Web based B2B (business to business) sales tools: Smart Lists, Smart Catalogs, Smart Packages – Integrated with inventory available to sell.
- Development of “Outlook” like Main Screen for a dashboard presentation of order history and TreeView feature access.
Straight Down Clothing
- Budgeting and Forecasting tools by sales rep and by customer. Delivery of order data in common XML formats.
Sun Mountain Sports
- Business plans by customer projecting sales six to twelve months into the future.
- Sales rep and Customer dashboards comparing years, seasons, sales divisions, gender, and product categories.
Jack Nicklaus Golf Apparel
- Web based dashboards by sales rep and by customer, organized by year/season, gender, channel, etc.
Cobra Puma Golf
Puma Mint Green Canada
- Web based order status: header level, line level, and size detail with product images.
- Complete suite of order entry tools including B2B tools developed for the iPad.
- Meta tagged digital catalogs so product catalog can be used for order selection for orders or product lists.
- Real time inventory queries to SAP during order process or product list creation.
Polo Children’s Wear
- Web based ‘real time’ inventory to sell system.
- Product Availability (PA) Rules Support for alternative PA schema across multiple sales divisions within a company.
- Web based B2C (business to consumer) kiosk sales tools for events or as supplemental inventory in retail stores.
- VRCloud applications present VRLink features entirely on the Cloud.
- NDA agreements prevent us from sharing the names of some of our clients.